I really enjoyed the presentation given in class by the group of three yesterday. I remember listening to Eminem a little when I was a sophomore in H.S. His movie had just came out and everyone loved the soundtrack. Me and all my friends would dance to the soundtrack every day at lunch. I guess the “guys” played the music with their little systems in the back and us “girls” would dance and pretend like we knew what it was talking about. This went on for a while, if I remember correctly.
I'm pretty sure I didn't know exactly what he was talking about back then, but I liked the music. In High School, I think a lot of people like what EVERYONE ELSE likes. I know I was too young to decide exactly what type of music I liked then. But I think I kinda liked the thrill of the new “white rapper”
Eminem started battling at the age of 14. He failed 9th grade three times...therefore dropped out. His uncle that was only a little older than he was committed suicide in 1991 which turned him into hip hop.
The Slim Shady song made him an underground hit. Dr. Dre was the one who really made Eminem's career explode. People wonder if Eminem would be where he is today if it weren’t for Dre.
He does have explicitly violent lyrics about beating wifes, etc...but most people say they can tell when he is being sarcastic, which is usually most of the time.
Becoming a very well known rapper wasn’t enough for Marshall Bruce Mathers III...he says he enjoys rapping about how he should be recognized as one of the best..with other great rappers…BECAUSE he IS. Eminem says… since he is white no one takes him seriously! I wonder if anyone ever will…if he keeps making a big deal about his color. Paul Wall doesn’t set himself apart as being white…and he does great.
Many of his lyrics talk about how he's white, and people don't see past the color of his skin and listen to his music...
I learned a lot more than I had about Eminem...and that's cool!
Eminem, even though he has profane language in a lot of his music, he even helps out with the vote or die campaigns!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eminem
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/8_Mile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnkgmUZdfIQ
Friday, December 29, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment