http://www.fast-rewind.com/break/findex.htm
(Breakin's website)
Today in class we watched the 1984 movie, "Breakin". I loved it. LOL, I know that sounds weird but it was funny ...and looked as if it would end great. It could have been put together a lil better, but all in all I like the story it was portraying. I think it had a similar background as Letter to the President, b/c it talked about the Hip Hop crowd growing up in the projects...and whites/police couldn't accept them. In this movie, it was as if no one could accept Kelly (protagonist) at first b/c she was not only a ballerina, but white as well. If I'm guessing right, I would say it all works out in the end and they all live happily ever after.
I think people today need to focus more on all types of dancing to all types of music, rather than being so prejudiced. I can't break dance, but I still call it dancing (and don't kid yourself, I totally wish I could). However, I can ballroom dance, do a lil ballet here and there, and also choreograph routines...but some may not call my type of dancing..."dance". I think that's wrong. Everyone needs to go into every situation, not just dance with an open mind. And I wish everyone would do just that.
Granted, this movie isn't the best I have seen about this type of situation...but it puts forth a good lesson.
Wednesday, December 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you were able to pick out some things that we had discussed in class during the movie lol.....Happy Holidays - hi to Lake of the Isles
Post a Comment