The beginning of Hustle and Flow was very hard for me to watch. I know they had to start the movie off that way to put off the exact message they were going for. But it was still pretty scary.....
The movie is about this pimp who sells crack-cocaine, and other drugs.. I’m sure to make money! He was just doing what he had to at the time to survive
He has a few of his “hoes” living in his house…one has a baby and another is pregnant. No one really knows who the babies Daddy’s are yet. This Pimp, as the movie goes on…decides to straighten up his life…so he goes to an old buddy of his’ house and asks for help. The buddy decides to help him make a room designed like a sound booth. They decorated it with cup holders to keep the sound in. They put up computers and sound machines to make REAL music. They even brought a boy in from the church to help with the piano and recording.
They ended up coming up with a great first song. They had to change the words from "smack that bitch" to "whoop that trick...get em', whoop that trick" etc...
I loved the song. IT had a great beat...and the hoes even helped out singing.
The pimp eventually makes a demo…takes it to someone…and he actually throws it in the toilet full of crap. He needs this break so bad..that he dug it out so he could let someone else listen to it. Then he starts shooting people, b/c he’s not getting what he wants when it comes to his music. He needs to get this break to survive, so he doesn’t have to pimp the hoes anymore or sell drugs!
I can’t wait to finish this movie. I think it has a great story line…and teaches a good lesson. I just had to give the movie the benefit of the doubt at first...even though it was hard to watch but I think it will all work out!
Can't wait to finish it!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0410097/
http://www.hustleandflow.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hustle_&_Flow
Wednesday, January 3, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree with you. I also found Hustle and Flow difficult to watch at times. I found it difficult because sometimes I get annoyed listening to uneducated people talking and I found it hard to decipher his slang. I also agree with you that as the film went on it became more interesting and I can actually say that it was a film that I would watch again. I also liked how he let his hoes help out with the laying down of his tracks. The film shows what I would think is the truth of urban street life. With out an education it is difficult to make money so often people result to selling drugs and prostitution. I think this is what helped DJay begin his music. I don’t think that DJay began music as a way to clean up his life. I think he wanted to make music as a way to become famous and make easy money. He could not even afford an air conditioner for his car and pimps out a hoe to purchase a microphone. I think it was a sad life and he probably regretted it but if he had not become successful while in jail do you think he would go back to his old ways when he got out. Pimping hoes and selling drugs is what was real to DJay. The scene with Ludicrous depicts an industry that is a dog eat dog world. DJay is trying to relate with Ludicrous’ character, Skinny, and Skinny is arrogant and rude and not willing to help someone from his hometown. In the end it seems that the film sends the message that to make it in the hip hop industry today you have to have a huge adversity like shooting someone and going to jail after being a pimp and selling drugs. Man that is rough! I agree with you and I liked the music also. The hook was amazing and I think I will find myself singing it later on. Also the beats were catchy. I would buy the sound track and the DVD of Hustle and Flow.
Post a Comment